Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh the places you'll go...

I really don't know how so start so I'll just jump right in.  Japan has brought me a lifetime of information in a two week span of time.  I have learned how to say more in Japanese than i ever did in 2 years of German, I've visited more places and had more fun than I can remember, I've met people who have the same or greater fires for the Lord than I do.  All of these amazing things and I still haven't gotten to the best part yet.  My faith is growing!!   I will not lie and say there aren't days when it's hard to be in language class or just be an outsider, but what I will say is that with all the walls that spring up in front of me, there are so many more ladders than Icould have imagined.  

My Father God has been privy to more of my company than he has ever been used to and the weird thing is...I think he likes it and so do I.  I meet with him everyday on the train to pray for the people I see and those I don't see.  We have conversations, albeit one sided conversations (on my part actually VYMers reading this...most of you understand).  He shows me miracles I didn't know were miracles. He opens my eyes to the loneliness and suffering of people in a way that I didn't expect.   I can't even think of all the stuff he has shoved into my brain lately.  He has taken every worry, every hurt, and every mistrust and exploded them into opportunity and peace.  Not to mention the friends he has used to fill me up with here; Yzma, Carol, Matt, Kim, Lauren, Yukie, Jenae, Becky, and others I've only just begun to know!!  He is challenging me in ways I thought I had under control but realized I do now only through his help.  I'm so filled that it's hard to explain in words.  I think if you saw my face you could see it there and know the depths of my joy more so than any sentence could explain.  

I felt like I should put in here how challenging and difficult things are lately, but I can't.  The struggles and concerns that I have aren't things I place in the forefront of my mind.  They are little hurdles erected by the devil to deter me from my love for this place and the people here.  God is not letting Satan in and I am so grateful for that protection.  My God is an Awesome God and he is reigning in my life to the greatest extent ever!  My prayer is that this joy overflows into others and the people of Japan that they can be without excuse!!!

Romans 1:19-20

p.s. if you have any prayer requests please let me know so my roommate and I can pray for them.

2 comments:

Mom said...

once again, you've nailed it with your writings. I am so proud of you for following God's lead. I pray for you daily. Changes are happening in the people in Japan. God will continue to work through you. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Justin, I will continue to pray but now that Satan doesn't get a foothold on the challenges but that the Lord keeps you pumped up with the work you are doing for Him. How exciting to read what is happening with you and through you. Together you and God are doing great things, and even when you fail (unfortunately, you will) God can still work through you. Our faculty Bible study today was looking at Esther and how she was put where she was "For such a time as this". I can't even imagine where He is going to take you and how He is going to use you. It's awesome to hear what He has done so far. God Bless. Love, Aunt Bev