Monday, September 1, 2008

Times are "a-changin'"...

This past week has been amazing and yet awful at the same time.  More awful than amazing.  Here's what happened.  I have been feeling recently that I'm totally unprepared for Japan and should not go.  Along with that my fundraising hasn't been progressing as well as i had hoped, in fact, hasn't progressed at all in the past week.  (please don't take it as a plee for more fundraising just a comment on how things are going.)  Now along with this i have a ton of bills coming up that i do not have the money for and my home life is becoming stressful.  In line with this i have to give my dear sweet puppy up for adoption because my parents are over stressed and cannot take care of her the way ether of us want to.  So, this is my stressful situation as it stands.  I hate writing these type of things because i know that there are people out there that are more stressed than i am but i need to vent and since the one above my chin doesn't seem to work i use the printed word.  

Anyway with all this stuff just stressin' me out there have been some great things happening.  Like when my brother and sister and i go to Ihop for breakfast every Sunday after church, or the fact that i meet with my pastor every week at a Wendy's just to talk, and today i went out to dinner with my family and we had the best time, my nephew's screaming not included.  But going to dinner and then going back to my grandparent's house was awesome.  I helped my grandpa with food and just sat and socialized; for the first time in a long time i felt like i belonged there.  Then on the way home my brother, sister, and i sang country songs in the car.  IT was an awesome experience!  I am so thankful to the Lord for how he is providing for me lately. Maybe not with money and fundraising, but with friends and family.  He has even given me a partner in fighting against my sinful nature.  Something a friend said to me once has just been coming back to me and convicting em of my sin so that when those sins return i think of her and am strengthened!   He is so great and i am so anxious to see the plans he has in store for me.

Prayer requests:
  1. My family so that they can overcome the difficulties they are facing.
  2. Fundraising, in all it's forms.
  3. My walk with the Lord
  4. Preparations for Japan
  5. Guidance

1 comment:

jsincj said...

Hey Justin, I just want to say that this is an answer to my prayers. I prayed that you guys would have good times with your families before coming here, that it would be a blessing to you as you came here. So even though its realy hard, its a blessing as well.